Jacqueline Heron. Associate Executive Coach & Leadership Consultant
An executive coach and leadership consultant with significant experience in a number of senior leadership and commercial roles, I bring a wealth of practical experience to my work with clients.
Motivating me throughout my career has been the desire to help others perform at their best, often by recognising previously undiscovered strengths and building the confidence to succeed – really getting to the core of what makes them unique. I underpin this with a focus on building resilience as careers develop and change.
Clients say my approach is pragmatic, insightful, engaging, strong on empathy and focuses on the positive. I maintain a balance of being supportive yet challenging.
Background & experience
Before moving to London, I ran my own financial services firm. I then had over 25 years’ corporate experience in senior leadership and consulting roles in global risk and human capital consulting firms Mercer and Aon.
The commercial experience I gained from a number of wide-ranging roles within the consulting sector has fed into my coaching practice. I understand the realities of the business world, having been there myself – from consulting to clients, leading business units, building high performing teams and driving organisational change. As a result, I fully
appreciate the complexities and challenges my clients face in business.
When I was a member of the Leadership Team, I worked with a coach and this proved transformational for me as I explored possibilities to work through issues and was challenged to stretch myself beyond my comfort zone. I was determined then to develop the next phase of my career as a coach and qualified in 2009.
Since then I have also developed a specialism in resilience, helping clients harness their energy and become more agile and adaptable as they deal with adversity or significant change. I am an accredited practitioner for the Resilience Engine ®.
Professional Qualifications & Memberships
ACII qualified, many of my clients come from the insurance and professional services firms. I am a member of the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) and abide by their code of ethics.
Coaching Specialisms include:
- Developing resilience – helping leaders get back on track after a period of stress or adversity and creating resilience to deal with challenges ahead
- Working with leaders to find their authentic leadership style, make an impact and increase their personal effectiveness
- Coaching through transition: supporting leaders where organisations are going through change
- Improving communication, planning and organisation
- Career coaching – understanding strengths, achievements, values, exploring possibilities and translating this into action
- Succession planning - developing high potential individuals
- Coaching specialists as they move to wider leadership / management / strategic roles